Sun City Hotel sunimagesdownload001168.jpg sunimagesdownload001172.jpg sunimagesdownload001175.jpg sunimagesdownload001199.jpg sunimagesdownload001205.jpg sunimagesdownload001206.jpg sunimagesdownload001207.jpg sunimagesdownload001208.jpg sunimagesdownload001214.jpg sunimagesdownload001217.jpg sunimagesdownload001220.jpg
Sun City Hotel
Soho Hotel is the hedonistic heart of the Sun City Resort. The ambiance of the Hotel is one of glamor and sophistication. From the moment you enter the foyer your senses are assaulted by the bold design aspects and dramatic setting. The central area has been transformed into a jungle of lush foliage, cascading water and life-like boulders, encircling fast moving slot machines. The hotel's view comprises a magnificent landscape of subtropical gardens and a sparkling swimming pool. It has a total of 340 rooms, which either face the Gary Player Golf Course or pool area, with gardens stretching down to Sun City's exciting Waterworld.
This hotel which overlooks the internationally acclaimed Gary Player Golf Course is abundant in restaurants to fit any desire. If your taste tends towards the more piquant, then the Orchid Restaurant will sate even the most jaded taste buds. Traditional Asian cuisine ranging from Jasmine smoked duck served in pancakes with a sweet bean sauce to Malaysian spiced Chicken breasts. The Thai, Ka Ti ice cream is a taste sensation as is the layered Panda Lapis Cake. For traditional South African cuisine, the Calabash Restaurant will welcome you in true African style. The groaning buffet offers boboetie, curries, carvery and steamed vegetables, followed by sinful trifles and tipsy tarts. The Calabash is where sensational tastes from the North and South meet.
- Terms | Conditions
- Map & Direction
work on dynamic pricing and offer
“best available rates” or BAR rates.
If you would like a quotation click on the Enquire/Book now button below and we will forward an accurate quotation.
Throughout the world, gaming has become a fashionable and acceptable form of entertainment. This article serves to guide you through some of the basic rules and etiquette of Sun City's table gaming facilities. The Sun City Casino, situated in the Sun City Hotel, is open 365 days of the year. The tables open for play at 13h00 (midweek) and 11h00 (weekends) until close in the early hours of the following morning.You may try your luck at, American Roulette, Blackjack, Stud Poker and Punto Banco. The concepts behind these games are very simple and once grasped open up new dimensions of excitement and entertainment. For the first time visitor the casino floor can look quite bewildering, the continuous hustle and bustle of players making their bets. The shouts of joy and disbelief when the roulette ball lands on the winning number. The steady swish of the blackjack cards coming out of the shoe and the general vibe of excitement and anticipation, presents a vista of organised chaos. But you can't help thinking: "Wow", where do I start and how can I get involved?
There is something for everyone!
Child Care | Activities
The newly refurbished Media Centre, now known as Letsatsi Centre, is situated on the first level of the hotel.
Conferences | Meetings
Gary Player Restaurant and Terrace
|A smaller boma in the game park, which can accommodate up to 200 people.||This venue can be privatized for cocktail and dinner after the golfers have left.|
Sun City Hotel Pool Deck
|A perfect venue for a cocktail function.||This venue can accommodate up 500 people for a cocktail function and up to 250 people for buffet function.|
Sun Terrace Restaurant
Sun City Theatre
|The restaurant can be privatized for dinner, however the venue is available under the roof for maximum 380 people, and total 600 people for cocktail.||The Sun City Theatre has wooden levels with seating capacity of 250 people for shows and seating capacity of 400 people for conferencing. Conferencing seating will consist of 2 rows of banqueting chairs on each level with tables removed.|
The newly refurbished Media Centre, now known as Letsatsi Centre, boasts a fresh, new modern look with all the latest trimmings. Situated on the first level of the Sun City Hotel, the Letsatsi Centre which can seat up to 160 delegates, features venues named after the various animals roaming the malaria-free Pilanesberg National Game Park i.e Nkwe – the Leopard; Tau – the Lion; Tlou – the Elephant; Tshukudu – the Rhino; Nare – the Buffalo; Kubu – the Hippopotamus and Thutlwa – the Giraffe. Each venue can be customised to individual clients’ set up instructions and requirements
|Sun City Resort is set in the stark ruggedness of the North West Region of South Africa, and is surrounded by mountains and the untamed majesty of the African bushveld. It is a wedge-shot away from the Pilanesberg National Park, where elephants, rhinos, lions and antelope roam freely.||
A Restaurant that has created an array of beautifully prepared dishes to tantalize your taste buds.Booking is essential
The Orchid features a menu, offering a range of authentically prepared dishes, flavours and textures from many Asian countries.Dress: Casual, Booking: Essential
The Calabash offers traditional South African fare, featuring freshly-prepared salads, a South African cold table, succulent roasts and casseroles, not forgetting our sweet sensations. Seven days a week. Dress: Casual, Capacity: 132 people, Booking: Essential
The ideal breakfast and lunch venue, in tranquil surroundings. Extensive lunch buffet featuring specialty counters from around the globe. Open seven days a week. Dress: Casual, Capacity: 380 people
Intimate, warm and stylish Café, serving wholesome breakfast.
The Raj Restaurant
The Raj is a Halaal restaurant offering an experience of all flavours, spices and aromas of the finest traditional Indian Cuisine. Open daily for lunch from 11h00 to 15h00 and dinner from 18h00 to 22h00.
Harlequins Cocktail Bar
Located in the Casino. This exciting bar features a great selection of traditional cocktails and shooters, and is ideal for pre-dinner drinks. Open daily. Dress: Smart casual
Located adjacent to the Slots Floor. Hours: 24 hours
At the very centre of the casino, this bar features a great selection of drinks served with speed and style. Open daily.
An informal, poolside bar, open daily. Swim up and order a drink from the “wet bar”. The pool grill is open on Saturdays and Sundays and daily during season.
- Rates are quoted per room, per night, inclusive of the following:
- Full English Breakfast
- VAT at 15% (subject to change)
- 1% Tourism Levy applicable on the accommodation portion of the rate
- Complimentary entry into the Valley of waves and shuttle services within the resort.
- 2 Adults and 2 Children 17 years and under, on a sleeper Couch, including Breakfast for a maximum of 2 Children.
- 1 Adult and 2 Children 17 years and under, on a sleeper couch, will be charged the single room rate including Breakfast for a maximum of 2 Children.
- 1 Adult with 3 Children will be charged the Double room rate including Breakfast for Children.
- The ages of the children as at the date of check-in at the Hotel i.e. a child 17 years, 11 months will fall in the category “17 years
CHILDREN’S BUFFET MEALS
- 0 – 2 years - No charge
- 3 – 12 years - 50% of adult rate
- 13 years + Full Adult rate
- If the reservation is cancelled less than 14 days prior to arrival a 50% cancellation fee will apply.
- If cancelled 7 days or less prior to arrival a 100% cancellation fee will apply.
- A 10% admin fee will be retained for cancellations made after the card has been charged.
- For all bookings made within 30 days of travel
- Full payment Is required within 48 hours of your booking. This payment can be made via bank transfer or credit card (Master/Visa).
- For all bookings made more than 30 days of travel
- A 50% deposit Is required within 48 hours of your booking and the balance 30 days prior to arrival. This payment can be made via bank transfer or credit card (Master/Visa).
DIRECTIONS FROM FOURWAYS, SANDTON
- Travel north along William Nicol Drive to the four-way intersection with Witkoppen Road
- Turn left into Witkoppen Road towards Lanseria/Roodepoort
- Turn right at the intersection with Hans Strijdom Extension on the road towards Broederstroom and Lanseria
- Cross over the Muldersdrift/ Diepsloot Road and continue with the R512 towards Broederstroom and Lanseria
- Cross the bridge over the R28 Krugersdorp/Pretoria highway, pass the Lanseria turnoff and continue straight ahead
- At the T-junction turn left on the R512 to Magaliesberg. Follow directional signs
- Continue on this road until you see the Sun City signboard on your left. Turn right on the R512 to Brits and cross the bridge over Hartebeespoort Dam
- At the T-junction turn right on the R512 to Brits
- Continue to the four-way stop and turn left on the R512/27 for Brits/Rustenburg
- Pass the first Brits turnoff. At the signpost R27 Rustenburg/Brits turn right
- On the bridge turn left towards Rustenburg
- Continue until you get to the slipway to the left. Take the slipway and continue on the new N4 highway
- A signboard on the left side of the road indicates Pilanesberg to the left on route 91. Exit left off the highway. At the T-junction turn right and continue on this road to Sun City
- On reaching Sun City, go straight past the Zenex garage on your right, after 4km you will see a sign indicating you to turn right to
- Bakubung, follow the road and it will lead you to the Bakubung Gate